Check-in is from 3PM - 7PM
Check-out is by 11AM
To inquire about an early Check-In from 1PM-3PM or late Check-Out at 12PM, please text us about availability. The cost is $30.
Dogs are excellent travel companions! Guests may bring their dog if staying in a cabin, main lodge room, tipi, yurt tent, or tent in the trees. Dogs are not allowed for retreats. There is a $40 cleaning fee per night per dog. We allow up to two dogs. A third and/or fourth dog will be subject to the same fee. To ensure the comfort and safety of you, your dog, and other guests, dog owners must adhere to the following dog policy.
- Dogs are allowed for stays in a cabin, main lodge room, tipi, yurt tent, and tent in the trees.
- Dogs are not allowed for retreats.
- $35 cleaning fee per night for up to 2 dogs
- A third and/or fourth dog will be subject to the same fee.
- Dogs may not exceed the weight limit of 80lbs.
- Please bring a dog mat, dog bed, or small crate for the dog inside your accommodation.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- Dogs must remain on a leash when in community areas and around other guests.
- No dogs that are aggressive toward other guests or other dogs.
- No dogs that are uncomfortable, anxious, or under stress with new places and faces.
- No dogs that bark excessively or at people, when others come to the door, at night, or are left unattended.
- No dogs in the log cabin dining area or any food venues.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
- Dogs are not allowed for retreat reservations.
In addition to a cleaning fee, should your dog shed a great amount or have an accident inside, an additional cleaning fee will be charged to the credit card on file in the amount of $100. Should your pet cause property or item damage, an incidental fee will be charged at market value to your credit card on file.
*Cats are not allowed - sorry, we are allergic.
*Pets of any other kind are not allowed.
We are between Bedford, PA and Cumberland, MD. Bedford, about 25 minutes away, is a small, quaint town with grocery stores, shopping, and restaurants, along with a Wal-Mart just outside of town towards Everett. Cumberland, about 30 minutes away, is a small city, with an historic downtown, restaurants, galleries, grocery stores, and larger retailers.
River Mountain is remote. There is little to no cell service at River Mountain or in the surrounding area. However, we have fiber Wi-Fi throughout the property so please plan on enabling Wi-Fi calling and other Wi-Fi based communication apps (Zoom audio, Facetime audio, WhatsApp, iMessage, email, etc) during your stay.
Aside from the outdoors, we have complimentary games and things for kids (and adults!) to use during your stay, these include:
- ENO Hammocks
- Soccer Balls
- Bocce Ball
- Kan Jam Disc Toss Game
Daily, Non-Retreat Guests:
River Mountain requires a non-refundable 25% deposit at the time of booking. For a refund of the remaining reservation amount, guests must cancel at least 14 full days prior to local check-in time. If a guest cancels less than 14 days in advance, the total reservation amount is due.
River Mountain retreats are limited to a small number of attendees to allow for a more personable, intimate experience. Our cancellation policy is in place to help guests, hosts, and River Mountain share expenses that may arise from unexpected cancellations.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Full balance is automatically charged 30 days prior to retreat start date, unless otherwise noted.
- Cancellation requests submitted within 30 days of retreat start date, 50% of the balance, less deposit, will be refunded.
- Within 14 days of your retreat: sorry but no refunds given, no exceptions.
- Any refunds allowed will incur a 3% processing fee.No one books a retreat with the intention of cancelling it, but unexpected events do occur.
Please know that our retreat cancellation policy is designed to mitigate damages and costs incurred to retreat hosts and River Mountain in order to maintain the retreat experience and affordability for other retreat guests. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds or credits for failure to attend or failure to complete the retreat, or for arriving late or leaving early.
Food and Drink FAQ's
River Mountain has a full kitchen that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Our kitchen team has put together a farm fresh menu that consistently gets high marks from all of our guests.
To reduce food waste, we ask guests to order meals 24 hours in advance. Below is the link to our menu and meals order form:
In addition to our kitchen, we have snacks, drinks, and microwaveable meals available for purchase in our 1807 Old Log Cabin.
Our farm fresh 'Grab and Go' meals are served in our 1807 Old Log Cabin at the following times: 8:30AM Breakfast, 12:00PM Lunch, and 6:00PM Dinner. Guests are welcome to stay in the cabin to eat, or you're welcome to take meals anywhere on-site!
Our seasonal grill kits can be picked up in the Main Lodge kitchen area for Main Lodge and Main Camp Yurt guests; and grill kits can be picked up in our meadow kitchenette area for Cabin and Meadow Yurt guests.
Please pre-order your meals prior to your stay by visiting this link: https://rivermountain.org/guest/
River Mountain is committed to providing amazing and inclusive experiences for all of our guests. Graze Kitchen and our staff will be more than happy to assist you with any dietary needs and preferences. We have vegan options for all of our meals!
We have plenty of fridge space for any food and drinks you'd like to bring. We also have microwaves and grills for all of our guests to use.
We have ice and charcoal available for purchase on-site, or you're welcome to bring your own.
If you need ice or charcoal after checking in, just let us know using the walkie talkie in your accommodation!
plan your stay Faq's
For all seasons, be sure to bring all-weather footwear and an extra pair of shoes. During hikes, your shoes might get wet, and it’s always nice to have an extra pair of shoes to put on at night.
Below is a list of items we suggest for fall/winter trips:
- Refillable water bottle
- Hat/Headband/Ear Covering for Cold Weather
- Mittens/Gloves for Cold Weather
- Raincoat for rainy weather
- Socks - Thicker socks for cooler weather; an extra pair if others get wet.
- Extra clothing Layers - Remember, we're in the mountains and it's cooler up here, especially at night.
- Warm Coat
Below is a list of items we suggest for spring/summer trips:
- Raincoat for rainy weather
- Refillable water bottle
- Bring a few extra layers, even during spring and summer trips. We're in the mountains, and if the temperature drops at night, it’s nice to have an extra layer to wear around the campfire!
- Make sure you pack some bug spray. We advise that guests apply bug spray every day before walking our paths and trails.
Linens and Toiletries - River Mountain provides all linens, blankets, pillows, and towels. There is shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in the showers.
If you plan on using the hot tubs, please bring a towel to use once you're done soaking. You do not need to bring towels for regular showers. We provide those!
If you would like to use a hairdryer while on-site, please bring one. We do not have any hairdryers on-site. All of our bathrooms have convenient outlets to plug into.
River Mountain provides linens on all beds and towels for showers. We also provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand sanitizer in all of our bathrooms.
If you would like to use our hot tubs, please bring your own towel to use after you're done soaking. Thank you!
We are located on Highway 326/Black Valley Road, a scenic drive coming from the south or north. In the winter, Hwy 326 is one of the first roads in our area to be plowed. Please drive carefully and watch for deer along your way.
We sell unlimited firewood (along with kindling and firestarters) for $18 for your entire stay! You can order this prior to arrival.
Time outside has positive impacts on mental health, creativity, and work productivity. Everyone feels better with their feet in the water and the sun on their face. So what if access to nature was combined with first-class amenities? How much happier and well would we be? At River Mountain, we think a lot. We offer personalized outdoor experiences for every level of adventurer combined with first of their kind luxury accommodations, amenities that matter, and modern remote workspaces. Minimalist luxury, stunning landscapes, thoughtful attention to work-life, affordability, and hosts who get it.
We look forward to your stay and connecting with you in the outdoors!
Sign Up for Our Newsletter: